Purpose of the role
The Senior Presentation Designer will be responsible for overseeing all design output from the studio and ensuring it complies with our Presentation Quality Standards. You will be responsible for leading with the creation and construction of PowerPoint Presentations and building strong client relationships. The role involves the design and animation of PowerPoint slides in line with a storyboard as well as an agreed design concept and m62’s Objective Quality Standards (OQS) and Subjective Quality Standard (SQS).
- Participate in client project kick-off calls in order to discuss and interpret the brief to support with the creation of the presentation slides and materials.
- Support Senior Presentation Consultants with the planning of incoming projects in the design studio.
- Attend and/or lead Presentation review meetings to present back the designed presentations and complete live changes when required.
- Lead the design sample process by working directly with clients to consult on and develop their brand guidelines for PowerPoint presentations and other design materials.
- Consult with QC Team Lead on updates to m62|vincis Objective Quality Standards.
- Ensure all design follows both OQS (Objective Quality Standards) and SQS (Subjective Quality Standards) and that all standards are met both in your own work as well as your team.
- Identify issues that will affect time or quality of delivery and offer potential solutions.
- Provide creative direction on the m62|vincis brand.
- Support with providing ongoing performance feedback and training to Design Team.
- Evaluate and monitor overall team and individual performance and support appraisals.
- Provide reports on productivity and other performance indicators to management.
- Promote and adhere to m62 Company values.
- Create internal material, guides, and toolkits to enable better quality production and speed of own and junior team’s work
- Continuous development of SQS rules – Internal team training to ensure everyone is up to date.
- Undertake “special projects” when required to contribute to the improvement of Company processes, to the growth and success of the Company, or other stated objectives.
- Excellent communication skills in order to build strong client relationships and execute design briefs.
- Excellent understanding of design, colour, and messages.
- A strong aesthetic sense.
- Spatial awareness: understanding why things exist in specific locations; the spatial distribution and effective layout of a slide.
- Keen eye for quality: ensuring that projects meet m62 quality standards as well as client expectations.
- Exhibit ability to create quick sketches: validating your illustrative skills, creativity, and communication.
- Capable of following creative direction.
- Innovative: routinely originate independent actions and identify new approaches.
- Attention to detail: applying high-quality standards to all tasks in hand, no matter how small, and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Multi-tasking: often working on more than one design brief at a time; using a range of media.
- Experience in relevant design techniques and concepts.
- Proactive: able to manage your own time to ensure delivery of projects within tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach: the ability to cope with several projects at any one time.
- Use of initiative: proactively help self and others, seek continuous improvement opportunities whether it be related to personal development or deadlines, process, and procedure.
- Problem-solving skills: explore multiple scenarios, assess positive and negative arguments, and recommend the most appropriate solutions.
- Oral and written expression: communicating effectively by word of mouth and in writing.
- Follow-up and monitoring: checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions.
- Goal orientation: continuing to think about and work towards the agreed time and quality objectives whatever the circumstances.
- Issue Identification: able to identify issues that will affect time or quality of delivery and offer solutions.
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to a great working environment.
- Living by our Values of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), Coaching and Supporting and Honesty and Integrity
- Advance knowledge of presentation applications (predominantly but not exclusively PowerPoint 2010+).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe creative suite – Illustrator, photoshop and in-design
- Confident communicator in order to clearly explain design direction and process.
- Typically 10-6pm but must be able to support evening calls.
- Hybrid working with authorisation from General Manager.
- From time to time, evenings and weekend work may be required to accommodate our clients.
- May be required to travel abroad to client offices for on-site support.
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per annum dependent on experience
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Long service additional benefits
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
- adhoc weekend work may be required