The&Partnership & Tag @ BAT
In September 2020 The&Partnership & Tag was appointed to build a global in-house content agency for BAT’s new category products (Velo, glo and Vype). The appointment was driven by BAT’s desire for a new global digital partner to help them transform how they produce digital content to support the global growth of new category brands. The&Partnership & Tag will be responsible for the end-to-end content framework, from setting digital strategies across social, CRM and web to content creation and global delivery (markets include US, Germany and Japan). The newly formed Content Studio will be a fast moving ‘marketing newsroom’ building banks of creative assets, that are created, distributed, measured and improved in real time. The content produced will be for products that offer customers a greater choice of more enjoyable, less risky products and not for traditional cigarettes. The agency will play a pivotal role in accelerating the growth of these new categories which reduce the health impact of the BAT business.
The Design Lead is a crucial part of the BAT &Model team, working closely with the Creative Director, Creative team, Client Services, Strategy and Delivery teams.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in designing across digital platforms – particularly social and content. We are looking for a talented DD capable of designing visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate consumers across a wide range of media, with the ability to also deliver full brand guidelines for the new category products for their global markets.
- Responsible for visual digital design for campaigns and brand storytelling across social, content, content film & brand
- Work closely with the Creative Lead, Client Lead and Strategy Director to get to the right briefs that deliver remarkable and innovative ideas
- Lead the design team to ensure the highest standard of creative output which delivers against key objectives
- Lead the design process for visually stunning communications across digital and social media platforms
- Design, develop and maintain brand guidelines for BAT’s 3 category products – Velo, glo & Vuse.
- Creative passion to work alongside the creative team to produce strategically sound creative solutions
- Help drive ‘idea led’ digital creative solutions that reflect modern marketing
- Provide leadership in the creative and production process to ensure best in class delivery
Skills and Experience Required
- Must have experience of designing engaging and well-crafted visual comms across all digital channels including social content
- Must have experience of designing visual identities
- Experience of design & branding, creating full brand guidelines to work across multiple channels
- Experience designing for moving image – motion graphics & video editing
- Big picture thinking with strong attention to detail
- Must embrace design/ creative innovation in the digital space
- Great communication skills, written & verbal, when it comes to directing or presenting design concepts
- Experience of another highly regulated sector such as Pharma or Alcohol would be helpful but not mandatory
- Experience in managing and interpreting big global brand identities and brand guidelines
- Excellent Mac skills, fully conversant with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & After Effects
- Collaborative team player, open minded, transparent and non-political
- Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, design and business
- Self-starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
- Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen, learn and adapt
- Energised by doing the right thing for our clients; solution and results focused
- Positive, enthusiastic, unflappable
- Strong motivation and drive to succeed